Thursday, September 23, 2010

Born New

Caitlin finally birthed our little daughter Caroline May on Aug 25th..  My good friend Nate Dizz sent me a 1953 rolleiflex  film camera as a present.. Life is good, here are some pics from it!!! this is my first time using a twin reflex camera(you look in from the top) and 120 film..somewhat expensive to get developed ,printed and scanned, but I really love it.. these are some of my favs from the first 6 rolls.. 


wrapped
wrapped

rasp
rasp

clouds
clouds

willamette heights
heights

first walk
firstwalkwithcaroline

cleaners
cleaners

tres generations
tres generations

backyard
backyard

purely beautiful
caitlin

n springfield
over the willamette

pen
pen

in law
flowers

42o main st.
420mainst.

wall
wall

southA
southA

farmers market
farmersmarket

caitoline
caitoline

native mural
nativewall

emerald art center
emeraldartcenter

stripes
stripes

downtown
downtown




7 comments:

Kimberly said...

That camera takes awesome pictures! Or, rather, YOU take awesome pictures with it. So happy to see more photos of your beautiful girls! "Stripes" made me tear up. You are obviously a proud daddy (as you should be) and I can not wait to see you all in a few weeks!

Catherine said...

Incredible....You are an amazing artist, Chris. The urban shots are so moody and atmospheric they give me deja vu...The family portraits are so exquisite...they all made me cry. I especially love the shot of you, Cait and Caroline's reflection in the store window. Also, the softness in both the color and black and white shots is so beautiful...very sensitive. I am blown away. I am so proud of you....

william said...

Very nice Chris!!! Lovely Family you have there!!!!

Sarah S. said...

Chris, these are awesome. Your wife and baby are absolutely beautiful and you captured such precious moments with them. You make it look so easy to take such gorgeous pix.

Anonymous said...

Chris nice work with the Camera,its nice to see the Pics of Caitlin and your beautiful Daughter! Love to all. U / Dan

Jessi McCoy said...

The pictures are beautiful.. as are the subjects :) Caitlin looks effortless with her. :) It is as if the world is exactly right.:)
Love, Jess

billy gray said...

beautiful shots. Congratulations on your family!